Place Category: Chiropractors
Chiropractic is drug-free. Chiropractic is safe and natural. Chiropractic is backed by research. And chiropractors enjoy one of the highest levels of patients satisfaction in health care!
I admit, I was skeptical, but my parents insisted that I try chiropractic since I was experiencing constant neck pain with sore throat and swollen neck glands that were not responding to traditional medical prescriptions for over a month. “It was incredible,” “I’ll never forget that first exam when the doctor found a spot in my neck that I had injured playing football 2 years before. When he adjusted my neck, it was as if a huge weight was suddenly lifted from my shoulders, and within days, my neck glands began to get smaller and my sore throat healed. That’s when I decided I wanted to be a chiropractor.” – Chiropractor Dr. Jack Schlingman
Your First Visit
You’ll be warmly welcomed and made to feel at home. Help is on its way!
New patients often remark how “homey” our practice is. That’s good, because our goal is to offer state-of-the-art chiropractic care in a comfortable surrounding. So, make yourself at home!
Make Yourself at Home
You’ll find plenty of convenient parking and well-lit parking. You’ll be greeted by name when you enter our practice and given a short tour to get you acquainted with our facilities.
If you’ve already completed your admitting paperwork great! If not, after doing so we’ll likely show you a short video and then you’ll meet Dr. Schlingman.
We Explain Everything First
The purpose of your pre-care consultation is to discuss your health goals and see if you’re a good candidate for chiropractic care. If it looks promising, a thorough examination will help us identify the likely cause of your problem.
Patients appreciate that we explain everything in advance!
We use a number of effective adjusting approaches in our Laguna Hills practice to help improve spinal biomechanics and reduce nervous system interference. The approach we use is based on our judgment and years of experience in Laguna Hills.
The primary adjusting techniques we use include:
- Spinal Decompression – Our specially-equipped table will ever-so-slowly stretch your spine. And then relax it. Stretch. And relax. Excellent for disc cases
- Diversified – After identifying which vertebrae have lost their normal motion or position, a specific manual thrust is applied to free up “stuck” spinal joints.
- Thompson – Thompson Terminal Point technique is a system of analysis and a special table that reduces the amount of energy needed to adjust your spine.
- Cox Flexion-Distraction – We use a special table so we can traction your spine, opening up the spacing between spinal vertebrae and relieving pressure to spinal.
- Therapeutic Massage – Massage complements our other treatments related to backache, headache, sleeplessness, and pregnancy.
- Cold Laser Therapy – Cold Laser Therapy or Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) is a treatment that utilizes specific wavelengths of light to interact with tissue and is thought to help accelerate the healing process.
- Interferential Electrical Stimulation – This application uses mild electrical pulses to alternately channel blood flow into and then out of the painful area of inflammation. This procedure draws healing and pain-relieving biological agents into the area while expelling pain-causing toxins.
- Ultrasound – This soothing therapy delivers ultrasonic waves to generate deep heat to inflamed tissues. Ultrasound increases blood circulation and breaks up adhesions in soft tissues which accelerates healing and improves flexibility.
- Neuromuscular Re-education – This rehabilitation program trains patients in techniques that improve posture. The training is done in the office and at home. Improving posture and balancing muscles that support the spine reduces nerve and muscle pain and tension.
- Orthotic Shoe Inserts – Orthotics comfortably provide support to reduce foot pain. Orthotic foot support also aides in pain associated with ankle, knee, and even lower back pain.
- Nutritional Counseling – Nutritional supplementation is a vital tool for providing the physical body the nutrients necessary to repair to repair itself and to function at its best. Our nutritional counseling focuses on making healthy changes in diet. The goal is to improve digestion, increase toxin removal, and provide nutrients for strengthening connective tissue including muscle and discs.
If you’ve been to a chiropractor before and prefer to be adjusted in a particular way, let Dr. Schlingman know. We want you to relax, enjoy and fully benefit from your chiropractic care.
“Very very skilled D.C. Treated my issue without over manipulation. Looking forward to my next visit for this episode, as one visit has already provided great relief from pain.”
“I honestly was very happy on how I been treated not only by the doctor but also by the office staff.”
What is Meta-eHealth.com?
A unique health and wellness resource for our Laguna Beach patients and consumers.
Be sure to visit Dr. Jack’s Metagenics Store.